Monday, March 7, 2011

.*.Motivation.*.

What is motivation?

Is it something telling you to keep going?  Is it just encouragement?  Is it a feeling?

For me, motivation is something that inspires you to go beyond your normal effort, testing your limits, taking risks, giving it your best, spreading your wings.

I've found that many things motivate me.  Some things are big, some are little.  Yet each one has a significant impact on my performance in any given situation.  Some examples.  A picture of skinny girl may be motivation to lose weight.  A book about a uneducated person growing up to be an inspiring figure may be motivation to do better in school.  An article about a disabled child who excels at a sport you claim yourself to be terrible at may be motivation to try a little harder when playing that sport.

These are examples of motivation for me, at least.  I'm sure you have your own.  Everyone does.  But the one that seems to affect me the most... is when I see someone who has gone through the worst and somehow bounced back.  Bad times come to all of us, but for some people, its worse.  They go through experiences that those with weaker hearts could never endure.

My dear cousin.
My best friend.
My favorite aunt.
My wonderful mom.

They've had beyond it rough.  But you know what?  They all turned out well.  Their experiences made them that much stronger, that much wiser, that much happier.  It is their new-found strength, hardened resolve, and unwavering will that inspires me every day.

They are my motivation.

It's thanks to them I tell myself to keep going, to never give up, to learn from my mistakes, to keep away sadness, and above all, to help others.

Thank you.  Everyone.  For being my motivation. :)

:¨·.·¨:
  `· B E C C A

2 comments:

  1. You, my dear sweet Becca, are one of my biggest forms of motivation and inspiration. You are so unbelievably strong, and you are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS positive about every situation life throws at you. I've hardly ever heard you say something bad about anyone, or anything. [Minus Phil. He doesn't count. He brought that one on himself. :p]
    You're beautiful, you're encouraging, you're supportive, goodness gracious woman, you are perfect. I'm so glad I have such an amazing example like you to help me throughout this rough patch in my life. Heaven knows where I would be without you... <3

    I love you! <3 Times INFINITY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww. My dear sweet Ashley, you are much too kind. I'm not that good at all! I'm the farthest thing from perfection. But I really do want to stay positive whenever I can, so that maybe I can help people who aren't feeling so positive themselves. I love you so much and all I want to do is make you happy. I don't know where I would be without YOU! :)

    Thanks for making me laugh everyday and motivating me to keep my chin up (you're that best friend I mentioned in the post, the one who is going through rough times, if you didn't figure it out :))

    I love YOU, dearest! <3

    ReplyDelete