Saturday, April 2, 2011

.*.Puddles.*.

I carelessly stamped my feet around in the puddle of rainwater.  It rippled and sparkled as the last remains of sunlight reflected off its shimmering surface.  I blinked in surprise as I felt the cool water of the puddle splash against my bare ankles and toes.  That's what I get for wearing flip-flops.  "Whoa, cold!" I exclaimed.  My brother turned to me and rolled his eyes, our dog's leash gripped firmly in his right hand.  "Then why are you splashing around in it?" he asked.  I shrugged with a smile and continued to make ripples with my feet in the puddle.  "It feels good in a way," I finally replied.  He sighed and went on walking with our dog, leaving me behind for a minute.  I smiled to myself even more as I took in a deep breath while standing in my puddle.  I could smell the fresh mountain air that I had become accustomed to.  It's an indescribable scent.  The smell of pine, wind, and rain filled my nostrils.  Wonderful.  I exhaled, feeling better than ever.  I looked up at the afternoon sky.  Fluffy gray clouds as far as the eye could see.  I silently pleaded for the rain to start trickling right away.  I looked back down at my puddle and saw my smiling reflection staring back at me.  This is a special kind of happiness I'm feeling right now, isn't it? I thought to myself.  "Rebecca!"  I heard my brother call.  "Coming!" I shouted back.  I hopped out of my puddle and jogged down the sidewalk, feeling absolutely at peace.

I love taking walks. :)

:¨·.·¨:
  `· B E C C A

3 comments:

  1. aww... darling, you are amazing... and now i'm speechless, because i know how you feel... :) and it's the kind of happiness that you cannot buy, or I cannot explain..♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you take the simplest of things and take so much joy and happiness from them.

    Oh, Patrick. Just seeing his name in this post made me giggle. "Uhhmm.. Dinner's ready downstairs. Mom told me to tell you guys." -Ashley's jaw drops to the floor as she turns over to see not Becca's Dad, but rather PATRICK.-
    Good times. :)

    Anyway, you write beautifully, and you, my dear, are oh so beautiful. Your posts always make my day when I see them. :) I love you to the moon and back, my dear Beccers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful comment haze :) You're right, it's a priceless, warm feeling. I love it and I'm glad you know what I'm talking about. :)

    Awww, thank you my dear Ashley. Sometimes we end up just going through life missing all the little things that are so much more wonderful. All we have to do is stop and notice them. :) Hahaha, yes, that Patrick. Such a big boy now. It's amazing how you still remember that little incident. :P Aww... thanks for the love :) You're far too kind. I only WISH I could right half as well as you can. I love you! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete